A year ago today I nervously pushed “publish” on my very first blog post. I was sure that only my mom would read my ramblings and maybe my husband would swing by every now and then because he is legally bound to me and I threatened to hide secret messages in each blog if he didn’t “I spent $300 at Target today–Don’t be mad” But what a difference a year makes! Much like Mother’s Day, I am taking this day very seriously, because I earned this day. Sure my birthday is great, but all I had to do was be born to claim that day. But now this day is so very special to me because my silly little blog has grown from a funny way to document my kids’ lives and our adventures together to being featured on other sites, new readers every day, so many amazing blogging buddies, and a little something this Mamma can call her own.
So in honor of my first blogiversary, I’m hitting up the holy trinity–cake, Starbucks, and wine, and I’m sharing my ten favorite posts from this past year. If you are new around here, check them out, laugh a little, and maybe give me a back rub, whatever. If you’ve been hanging around here from the start (read: my mom) take a look at a few oldies but goodies and feel free to say “That Amanda, she is a HOOT!” Either way, here they are!
1. You all know that I think my little boy hung the moon, but I had no idea I was “that mom” until he became smitten with a little girl. It’s Just a Little Crush, but I am SO Not Ready For it!
2. I’ve loved Howard Stern for years, but when I had kids, it was time to end our relationship. I wonder if he misses me? Babba Booey!
3. One time I did a little self diagnosis and ended up with balls. Yes balls! P.S. Everything is cool down there now but there was The Day I Had Balls
4. This one is always Hubby’s favorite. It’s only funny because it’s true. Check out our Irreconcilable Holiday Differences
5. Being a Mom is freaking hard! But this lists is a great reminder that Parenting: Five Ways I Know I’m Doing It Right
6. I’m the shameful owner of a tramp stamp, but it sounds like many of you are too. Here are my Confessions of a Mommy and Her Tramp Stamp
7. I was boo-hooing that the terrible twos are going to be the death of me. It seems many of you are there too: Terrible Twos Aren’t So Bad and Other Lies I tell Myself
8. Mimi makes a ballet leotard look good; however, my “free spirited”gal has a mind of her own. Sit Down Tiny Dancer
9. One of the joys of being a mom of little ones is that you are NEVER, EVER, EVER alone. Take for instance: Lean on Me. Actually Don’t Get Off Me
10. I spent years watching Beverly Hills 90210 and it finally paid off when I wrote about all of the important lessons you learn from that amazing show because Jason Priestley actually retweeted my post! I always did love Brandon! This post was also featured on the amazing Scary Mommy’s site. Not too shabby for a newbie at blogging. So here is my all time favorite post: All I need to Know I Learned from 90210
So here’s to an AMAZING first year of blogging and many more to come!