How to Create the Perfect Father’s Day Date Night With Jack Ryan: Shadow Recruit

CB Disclosure White Background 600 px wide#JackRyanBluRay #CollectiveBias

If you read my blog you’re probably thinking “That gal is a hoot! I bet she is so much fun to live with!” and if you think that, friends, I’d say you have excellent taste, but you would be wrong. I’m a bit of a pill to deal with day-in-and-day-out; however, I’m married to a real gem that tolerates all my “quirks”.  When it’s movie night around here, I usually take charge of the remote and force him to tolerate the newest romantic comedy. When takeout is on the menu for dinner, he never complains when I pick because I’m not a fan of his favorites. While my kids have been constructing their Father’s Day crafts for their dear ol’ dad, I’ve got something better planned and I’m going to share with you the perfect way to plan a Father’s Day date night with a little help from Jack Ryan: Shadow Recruit

#JackRyanBlueRay #collectivebiasIt seems like our busy lives have made it impossible to sneak in a date night, so a lot of our date nights happen at home. I get some quality time with that adorable boy I married so long ago and we don’t have to have to pay for a babysitter. But this time, I want to make it all about my guy for Father’s Day because he’s pretty awesome, always take out the trash, and doesn’t mind that I never reciprocate backrubs (see, I told you I’m a pill)

#jackryanbluray #collectivebias

So my husband is a HUGE fan of Lebanese food, but I’m not. His mom slaves away in the kitchen to make the family recipes he loves, and I’ve assured her this can be her special treat for him (because I don’t want to make it). But, for this Father’s Day date night, I’m grabbing Lebanese take out, and I’ve got all of his favorites.

#jackryanbluray #collectivebiasAnd now it’s time for the movie! Before I picked up movie snacks at Walmart, I grabbed  their exclusive Jack Ryan: Shadow Recruit combo pack. Because my husband loves Jack Ryan movies, now he gets to enjoy the latest installment of the film plus The Italian Job and $15 off sports tickets through Ticketmaster all of $12.98!  One low price and I get to watch Chris Pine as Jack Ryan–yes…just yes.

#jackryanbluray #collectivebias

You have to hurry to Walmart to get this combo pack and the $15 from Ticketmaster because this offer is only good from 6/10-6/14.

I know my husband is going to be thrilled with the homemade crafts the kids will present him on Father’s Day, but I’m pretty sure he loved our date night too. After all, the big guy totally deserves a special day, he makes awesome forts, he’s a rock star dad, and he makes my life a whole lot easier.

#jackryanbluray #collectivebias

1. says

Not really mu hubbies type of movies but i would enjoy them :-).But i could swap the movies and use the rest tips and it would be a perfect night.

2. says

What a Great Fathers Day for your Hubs. We will be getting ready to head to Atlantic City so there will be no Date Night this time. I love your ideas though.

3. says

Getting the kids to bed early is vital! I’m not sure if my husband has seen these movies. They look totally up his alley, though!

4. says

Men are seriously low-maintenance when it compares to what we moms want for Mother’s Day. My husband wants a new pair of tennis shoes and a chance to play golf sometime in the next two months. If I did anything extra, he would be thrilled!

5. says

I have just recently started looking into at home date nights. I am not sure how I didn’t find these before!!! I have been married 10 yrs. I mean we sometimes had a movie night but that was about it.

6. Maria Oller says

Great Job my hubby is dying to watch Jack Ryan the shadow recruit so we might get cozy and make some popcorn for Father’s Day

7. says

Last night I seen that the movie was on DVD – I told my hubby what a great movie night movie for us. I seen the previews..looks like a good movie. You are planning a great night for your hubby.

8. says

What a beautiful family you have! I love the Mediterranean eats you shared. It seems like you created the perfect evening for your hubby!

9. says

Homemade crafts are always THE best present, and those years when the kiddos want to make them are precious. The deal at Walmart is a good one. Thanks for sharing it.

10. says

My husband would love these movies. We are spending more and more time at home lately, so I need to pick up a copy of each for our weekend entertainment.

11. says

Love your logo. It’s one of my favorites I’ve ever seen.

I like your husband’s choice in food. That would be out choice too, but the restaurant is 70 miles away – not great for a takeout option. The movie night idea is perfect it’s rare that we get to watch big people movies since the kids are always around. Now for ideas on how to exhaust the girls???

12. says

What a fun date night. Sounds like Daddy is going to have a great time and you too. I’ll have to check that DVD out with my hubs.

13. says

No, I really would think you’re awesome because you made me laugh with the first sentence! Laughter does a lot for me! I might have to do the same for Father’s Day!

14. says

My Hubs may enjoy this and yes, the food options you picked would be a great pairing. 😉 As long as he has good food, a good move and can put his feet up, he’s happy!