Winter may only last for a few months, but the cold weather can make traveling with your kids a little tricky. Whether you are just running errands or you have some travel planned with your family, it’s a smart idea to always be prepared. So beyond just the basics that you have ready for your kids-like snacks, small toys, and a fully stocked diaper bag-you may want to consider creating an emergency kit that will stay in your car all winter. These kits are easy to make, are inexpensive to put together, and can be stored very easily in your car. If you ever need any of the items when you are traveling with your kids, you will be glad you took the time to put this kit together. Just grab a small plastic box with a lid and stock up on these items to make your own DIY Emergency Car Kit.
• A First Aid Kit with lots of band aids and antibiotic cream
• Hand Sanitizer
• Blankets, gloves, and hats- for you and your kids
• Travel Wipes and diapers (add a few and be sure to refill when you have used any of your supply)
• Change of clothes for you and your kids including warm socks (again, remember to change out sizes and refresh if you use any of the clothes)
• Roll of dog poo bags (you will find a million uses for these-if you need to wrap them around your shoes for make-shift boots, dirty diapers, or wet or dirty shoes, or for the times you need to do a quick clean up)