If you’re planning a road trip with your kids, you’ll need to pack more than just a few suitcases and grab directions to your destination. Kids get antsy in the car. Even though electronics and snacks will get you and your kids pretty far, why not pack travel goodie bags. With a little prep, you can create a few goodie bags that will ensure you and your kids arrive happily to your destination. Not sure what to pack in the goodie bags? Here is some inspiration that is inexpensive, easy to put together, and that your kids will love to play with while on your road trip.
A few tips when planning the goodie bags:
Start with small paper bags that you can fill with goodies. These bags are also great for holding all of their new treasures but are perfect for quick cleanup as well. Be sure to create bags for both legs of your trip-to and from home. If you and your kids will be in the car for many hours, you may want to break up the trip with multiple goodie bags. Pick a few destinations along the way. When you pass these destinations, the kids can open their surprises.
Here’s what to put in the bags:
Head to the dollar store and grab a few of these items to pack in the bags.
1. Travel games and card games
2. Small Lego sets
3. Beads and strings to make necklaces and bracelets.
4. Notebooks and pencils to journal and draw pictures while you travel.
5. Word search and crossword books
6. Coloring book and crayons
7. Window clings to decorate the windows in the car.
8. Flash card games for preschoolers and older kids