Traveling with your family can get expensive. From summer gas prices, hotels, eating out, and all the extra vacation fun-the money adds up fast. So while you are packing, why not save a little extra cash on items that you will probably need anyway. Here are a few items I always grab from the dollar store before we hit the road for our family vacations.
- Snacks and Water bottles – Snacks make a family trip a lot easier and I always spend way too much money stocking up. However, a lot of the snacks I would pay full price for at others stores are only a dollar or less at the dollar store. So grab some yummy snacks for the trip and save some money.
- Extra USB Chargers – We never seem to have enough USB chargers around here and when they only cost a dollar, I don’t mind grabbing a few extras for everyone before we travel.
- Kids Sunglasses – If you have little kids, you want to grab sunglasses for them; however, if your kids are like mine, those sunglasses won’t last too long. From getting lost somewhere in the car or trampled on by siblings, sunglasses have a short lifespan. But if you grab a few pairs for just a dollar, you won’t need to worry about lost or destroyed kids sunglasses and you can keep a few on hand to replace the last pair.
- Puzzles, stickers, coloring books and workbooks – There’s no need to spend more than a dollar on these must-have travel items. You can fill up a book bag full of these fun-filled activities for your kids and not spend a lot of money. You can also grab a baking sheet from the dollar store and use it as a lapboard while your child works on the puzzles and workbooks in the car.
- Click right here to see the entire list!