You know that I love a good life hack, but with so many hacks floating around online, you have to wonder if they really work. So when it comes to taking care of your car, here’s eight crazy life hacks that actually work.
- If you are always bumping your car door on the wall of your garage, or you are worried someone else will scratch your car by hitting the wall, cut a pool noodle in half and attach it to your wall with glue or another adhesive. Now when you open your car door while in your garage and the door gets too close to the wall, it will be cushioned by the pool noodle. Now the paint on your door will be intact every time you park in the garage.
- If you are grabbing takeout or pizza and you are worried the food will be cold by the time you get home, turn the seat warmer on and place the takeout container or pizza box on your seat. The seat will get warm enough to keep your food nice and hot until you get home.
- If you have a small scratch or chip in your paint and don’t want to pay to have it fixed, search for a nail polish that is similar in color. Paint a few coats of the nail polish over the scratch for a quick fix. This is a great option for red, black and silver cars.
- If you want to remove a bumper sticker and don’t want to ruin the paint on your car, grab a newspaper. Start by dampening a sheet of newspaper and lay it over the leftover sticker. In about a 15 minutes, you will be able to easily and safely remove the sticker.
- Click right here to see the entire list