Here are a few things I know about my three-year-old daughter:
1. The type of day she will have can be judged by how crazy her hair is when she wakes up in the morning. For instance, if I see this mop, I know it’s going to be a rough day…for everyone:
2. She has been described as a “free spirit” in dance class (read: has no need for the dance teacher and makes up her own dances). And while she isn’t the best listener when she should be tap, tap, perching, she makes a tutu look good:
3. When it comes to standoffs with her, they are often epic, one sided, and hard fought. I’m talking full on, code red, hide yo’ wife, hide yo’ kids meltdowns. And even though I pull out my Mommy-bag-o’-tricks, she can break me by 9AM. And while I thought age two brought some interesting “quirks”, I was not fully prepared for the tantrums of a three year old.
Most days I can handle the tantrums, and I’ve learned what does and doesn’t work for her
- Stern Mommy voice works.
- Idle threats do not.
- Bribary works sometimes but the spoils must be worth her while.
- Negotiating is worthless
- Tantrums are always worse when she is tired or we have to get out the door in hurry
Because we all want a happier house, I’m learning that the best offense is a good defense. So I’m looking for ways to make life in this house a little more peaceful.
There is no doubt in my mind it that it truly takes a village to raise a baby; however, I really think that village is for us as moms, not just our kids. So I’m so glad to have found MomAssembly and to have them as part of my village.
We’ve all been to tons of parenting websites, right? And I’m sure your searches were the same as mine: some good info, some bad info, some REALLY bad info, and lots information from people that have no idea what they’re talking about. However, at MomAssembly, I have access to over 70 hours of expert parenting videos taught by nationally-renowned experts. When I was checking out the videos on preschoolers, the newborn and infant videos covered so many topics like sleep solutions and feedings that would have been really helpful when I was a new mom. They even have videos just about our health and well being, because if no on takes care of mom, this ship is going down!
Because my house is a madhouse, I can watch videos on my computer, notebook, or my phone and can switch back and forth because the video player always starts where I left off, not matter what device I’m using. Don’t you just love when technology just makes your life easier?
When I saw a course called Parenting Without Power Struggles: Raising Children Without Bribes, Threats, and Negotiations or Meltdowns, I assumed they created this course just for me. Turns out, lots of moms are in the same boat. I LOVE the ideas I’ve learned in this course and already it’s making a difference in how we deal with tantrums. Here is a clip from part of the course:
The ladies behind MomAssembly have really created something special here, friends. Jill Spivack and Jennifer Waldburger have nearly two decades of experience as family and parent educators. They are the co-founders of Sleepy Planet Parenting in Los Angeles, where they offer guidance, support and community to help moms address the entire constellation of parenting interests, including everything from sleep, feeding, and child development to sibling issues, marriage and refining one’s individual parenting philosophy
So listen, mom, join this village and let MomAssembly help you. For only $7.99/month or $3.99/month the whole year, you’ll have over 500 classes and over 50 downloadable handouts & workbooks at your fingertips. And you can add up to 4 family members and caregivers to your account for free. Not sure you can commit? That’s cool, because both options come with a 7 day free trial. Most videos are under 10 minutes, so take that ten minutes to hide from the kids, maybe drink your reheated coffee and get some great tips for surviving this motherhood gig.
How about trying out MomAssembly for a month for FREE? My first ten readers who sign up will get a month trial for free.
Click here to sign up
*Please note that you actually have to sign up for a plan and enter your credit card – but the card will NOT be charged until the end of your free trial. You will receive an email from Jill or Jennifer notifying you that you are the winner!*
While I was compensated for this post BELIEVE me, I can use all the help I can get raising my kids and all opinions are my own!