Weekend road trips offer a quick get-a-way from the busy work week. Before you have a little fun with your family, check out the vacation hacks to make the most of your vacay.
- Download a white noise app and pop your phone into a glass on a nightstand. The app will drown out noises outside your hotel room-I’m looking at your noisy spring breakers and ice machine that never stops-and the cup works like a DIY speaker so the whole room is bathed in sweet white noise that is perfect for a peaceful slumber.
- It may be sunny outside but your little one needs a nap. So grab a few hangers from the hotel closet and use the clips to hold the curtains closed. Still too much light? Aluminum foil works in a pinch as blackout shades-plus it’s super inexpensive. Just roll onto the window and secure with tape for perfect napping conditions.
- Worried your kids will roll out of the bed? Ask for a few extra pillows or towels and place them under the fitted sheet for a DIY bed rail.
- Need to get up early? Order room service. I’ll always get up for coffee and my kids will rise and shine for chocolate milk delivered to our hotel door.
- Rent when you can and skip packing extras. Call your hotel to see if they offer beach chair and umbrella rentals and if they give out beach towels. Less is more when you’re packing.